School trips and events
Here at The Hythe School we offer a fantastic range of day visits and in-school visitors. These events help to enrich and enhance the children's learning whilst supporting the curriculum subjects.
To enable the trips and visits planned this year to go ahead we completely rely on the goodwill of, and encourage, parents to make a voluntary contribution. The PTA usually make a large contribution each year towards the overall costs which enables us to keep the price per pupil to a minimum. We are required, however, to point out that if we do not receive enough contributions towards the costs of these events then the activities will be cancelled. Therefore your support is invaluable in ensuring these can go ahead.
The Hythe School offers a secure, confidential online payment site at www.scopay.com. This is now our preferred method of payment. You will need an Activation Code for initial set up, please contact the school office or email email@example.com for details. Please note that we are now a 'cashless' school.
To comply with the correct adult to child ratio on school visits we occasionally require extra adult assistance. Please contact Mrs Adams, School Finance Assistant via the School Office if you are able to help and she will advise parents when extra help is needed with any trip.
Any parents / carers who wish to help on a school visit must complete an online DBS application. Please note that DBS applications are processed in the strictest confidence at no cost to our volunteers.
Trips planned for 2019 - 2020
We are now in the process of planing the trips for the next academic year......watch this space for more details. The trips and workshops planned are specifically chosen to support the Cornerstones curriculum.
NB: the below may change.
- Bocketts Farm Spring term - date tba
- The LookOut Discovery Centre - Summer term date tba
- Black Park Slough - 26th September 2019 letter
- Marwell Zoo Spring term 2 date tba
- Perform drama workshop - 22nd April 2020
- Dantastic Pirate workshop - 18th September 2019 letter
- Wisley Gardens - 19th March 2020
- Windsor Castle - date to be advised
- Zoolab Workshop - 4th November 2019
- Chertsey museum- 25th and 26th February 2020
- Gods and Mortals workshop - 23rd April 2020
- Portals to the Past, Saxon workshop - 9th September 2019 letter
- Aquarium topic- Natural History Mueum - 28th February 2020 - awaiting confirmation from venue
- America workshop - tbc - Summer term 1
- Portable Learning Dome - 10th September 2019 letter
- Egyptian workshop - 15th January 2020
- Hampton Court - 03rd June 2020
- Chertsey Museum - 19th September 2019 letter
- Junior Citizen at Thorpe Park- 19th November - see letters home page for letter
- Stixx project - 12th November - see letters home page for letter
- Mexican music workshop -10th June 2020
Year 1 pedals course - 25th March 2020 (3 sessions x 15 pupils) confirmed
Year 4 bikeability level 1 - 20th November 2019 confirmed (15 pupils)
Year 6 bikeability level 2 - 6th -10th July 2020 confirmed(8 pupils)
Trip to Vue Cinema for National Film for Schools week 8th, 11th and 13th November - letters sent home
Annual consent form letter
Terms and Conditions for off-site trips and activities:
By signing the consent on the trip/activity letter, you agree to your son/daughter taking part in any or all of the activities described. You must ensure that your child understands that it is important for his/her safety and for the safety of the group, that all rules and instructions given by the staff are obeyed. You understand that, while the school, staff, or helpers in charge of the party will take all reasonable care of the young people, unless they are negligent they cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by your son/daughter arising out of the trip. You therefore (hereby) agree to indemnify The Hythe School, its employees and agents against all liability for injury, loss to persons including death and damage to property, legal expenses and direct consequential losses or damage due to the acts, or default of your son/daughter unless the illness, injury or death was due to the negligence of The Hythe School, its employees or agents.
You consent to any emergency medical treatment necessary during the course of the visit and must advise the school in writing if any new medical conditions come to light.