Explore Our Site

Medical Information


If your child requires medicine to be given during school hours you will need to complete a form.   All medicines must be handed to the office by an adult.  

Medical forms

In order for staff at The Hythe School to administer medicines to pupils (e.g  antibiotics, epipens, inhalers,  prescription medicines AND over-the-counter remedies, etc) within school we require parents and carers to complete the the relevant forms below.  This is in accordance with the Surrey County Council's Young People's Health and Administration of Medicines, Children, School and Families Guidance @ www.surreycc.gov.uk. *

Schools are able to hold a bottle of Calpol on site to use if a child needs it for pain relief (for example if they get a headache, or any other type of mild to moderate pain).  Following a review of our Medical Policy regarding the dispensing of non-prescribed medicine to children, we now are required to have written as well as verbal consent to administer Calpol in school.

Click here for calpol consent form.


   Short term e.g. calpol, antibiotics, creams, etc please complete the forms below.

To download these forms please click on each link below:

Once completed please hand into the school office together with the medication clearly labelled with the child's name.  


For long term medicines e.g. epipens, inhalers please complete the forms below

Long term medical request form and appendix III Record of medicine administered to an individual child /young person

Allergy and Anaphylaxis form 

Reporting your child's absence

 We are pleased to announce that we have introduced a new, more efficient and secure system for reporting your child’s absence, called Studybugs.

 This is a safe way to report when your child is sick and off school.  With a few quick taps or clicks, you can record absence due to illness. We will receive the message direct to our register system even if you are reporting it at 6 am or 11 pm at night!  No more need to phone/email in or queue in the morning to report the absence.  

 Get the app or register now (https://studybugs.com/about/parents)

A link can be also found on the home page of our school website.

 Top 3 reasons to use Studybugs

  1. It is linked with our register system so we know right away who is present in school or absent.
  2. It is quick and easy to register and use and automatically reminds you to keep us posted if your child is off for longer than the one day.
  3. It will no longer be necessary to ring the office and leave a message if your child is absent. However, please report your child’s absence before the start of school day.



In order to prevent the spread of infection, the school follows the advice of the government's Health Protection Agency (HPA) in respect of the amount of time a child should be kept away from school after a period of illness.

Here is an extract from the HPA Guidance for the most common illnesses and infections:


  Infection or illness

 Recommended period to be kept away from school 

 Diarrhoea and/or vomiting          48 hours from last episode of diarrhoea or vomiting
 Chicken Pox  Five days from the appearance of rash
 Measles  Four days from the appearance of rash


Click here to see the whole HPA document "Guidance on infection control in schools and other childcare settings"