The Hythe Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. If you are appointed you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (previously known as a CRB check) and required to declare any unspent convictions, cautions, warnings and bind-overs you may have, regardless of how long ago they occurred, as well as any pending criminal proceedings or current police investigations.
SPECIALIST CENTRE TEACHER
Contract type – Full Time or Part Time Considered
Contract term – Permanent
Salary – Main or Upper Pay Scale + SEN Allowance
The Harbour Centre at The Hythe School is a 25 place specialist centre for children with a range of learning and physical needs. We have an exciting opportunity to appoint an exceptional individual to join our hard-working and dedicated Centre team, working as the teacher in our Key Stage 2 class of 16 children.
- A warm, nurturing environment where pupils are learning through a multi-sensory approach.
- Wonderful, enthusiastic children who are excited about learning.
- A friendly, supportive and committed team.
- Opportunities to use a multi-sensory approach to ensure effective teaching and learning takes place.
- Specialised continuing professional development.
- Opportunities to lead curriculum areas as part of our mainstream school.
We are looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about making a difference and working with children with special needs.
- A strong, confident practitioner who is available from Easter 2020.
- A team player who has the ability to rise to challenges.
- Someone with a sense of humour.
- Someone with a patient and caring disposition.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and interviews will be held as required. Early application is therefore recommended and the school reserves the right to close the advert on appointment of the post.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews (please ensure that a current telephone number is included with your application).