School trips and events
Here at The Hythe School we offer a fantastic range of day visits and in-school visitors. These events help to enrich and enhance the children's learning whilst supporting the curriculum subjects.
To enable the trips and visits planned this year to go ahead we completely rely on the goodwill of, and encourage, parents to make a voluntary contribution. The PTA usually make a large contribution each year towards the overall costs which enables us to keep the price per pupil to a minimum. We are required, however, to point out that if we do not receive enough contributions towards the costs of these events then the activities will be cancelled. Therefore your support is invaluable in ensuring these can go ahead.
The Hythe School offers a secure, confidential online payment site at www.scopay.com. This is now our preferred method of payment. You will need an Activation Code for initial set up, please contact the school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Please note that we are now a 'cashless' school.
If you wish to discuss any aspect of the trips and events planned for your class please contact the School Office.
Thank you all for your support!!
Trips for 2018-19 please visit our Letters Home page for details of trips
These are currently being organised for the new academic year
Letters for Autumn term 1 trips & events
Year 1 trip to Alice Holt Forest letter
Year 2 Openbox Drama workshop letter
Year 3 trip to Butser Ancient Farm letter
Year 4 Creative Education drama workshop letter
Year 5 Portable Learning Dome letter
Year 6 trip to Chertsey Museum letter
- Autumn term - visitor in school (local hero)
- Spring term - Bocketts Farm
- Summer term - The Lookout
Year 1 Classes
- Autumn term - Alice Holt Forest - 18th September 2018
- Spring term - Marwell Zoo
- Summer term - tba
Year 2 Classes
- Autumn term - Openbox Theatre Company in school- Medival Castles workshop -l 11th September 2018
- Spring term - Kew Gardens 8th January 2019
- Summer term - tba
Year 3 Classes
- Autumn term - Butser Ancient Farm - 11th September 2018
- Autumn term 2 - Predators workshop 6th November 2018
- Summer term - Creative Education Workshop 'Gods & Mortals' - 23rd April 2019
Year 4 Class
- Autumn term - Creative Education in school - Saxon Workshop - 10th September 2018
- Spring term - J/fK memorial site
- Summer term - tba
Year 5 Class
- Autumn term - Portable Learning Dome - 6th September 2018
- Spring term - Stixx project - Egyptians January 2019
- Spring term 2 - Hampton Court date to be confirmed
- Summer term - Legoland date to be confirmed
Year 6 Class
- Autumn term - Chertsey musuem - 6th September 2018
- Autumn term - STiXX project in school
- Spring term - Lightbox in Woking - 8th January 2019
- Summer term - Mexican workshop -June date to be confirmed
Year 1 & 2 Pedals 11 & 12 March 2019 - 60 places price tba
- Year 4 only Bikeability level 1 20 & 21 November 2018 - 15 places price tba
- Year 6 only Bikeability level 2 17, 18,19th June 2019 - 8 places - price tba
These courses are optional and places will be offered on a 1st come, 1st served basis
Consent form - please complete this for the above trips and return to the School Office - click here
To comply with the correct adult to child ratio on school visits we occasionally require extra adult assistance. Please contact Mrs Adams, School Finance Assistant via the School Office if you are able to help and she will advise parents when extra help is needed with any trip.
Any parents / carers who wish to help on a school visit must complete an online DBS application. Please note that DBS applications are processed in the strictest confidence at no cost to our volunteers.
Terms and Conditions for off-site trips and activities:
By signing the consent on the trip/activity letter, you agree to your son/daughter taking part in any or all of the activities described. You must ensure that your child understands that it is important for his/her safety and for the safety of the group, that all rules and instructions given by the staff are obeyed. You understand that, while the school, staff, or helpers in charge of the party will take all reasonable care of the young people, unless they are negligent they cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by your son/daughter arising out of the trip. You therefore (hereby) agree to indemnify The Hythe School, its employees and agents against all liability for injury, loss to persons including death and damage to property, legal expenses and direct consequential losses or damage due to the acts, or default of your son/daughter unless the illness, injury or death was due to the negligence of The Hythe School, its employees or agents.
You consent to any emergency medical treatment necessary during the course of the visit and must advise the school in writing if any new medical conditions come to light.