School trips and events
Here at The Hythe School we offer a fantastic range of day visits and in-school visitors. These events help to enrich and enhance the children's learning whilst supporting the curriculum subjects.
To enable the trips and visits planned this year to go ahead we completely rely on the goodwill of, and encourage, parents to make a voluntary contribution. The PTA usually make a large contribution each year towards the overall costs which enables us to keep the price per pupil to a minimum. We are required, however, to point out that if we do not receive enough contributions towards the costs of these events then the activities will be cancelled. Therefore your support is invaluable in ensuring these can go ahead.
The Hythe School offers a secure, confidential online payment site at www.scopay.com. This is now our preferred method of payment. You will need an Activation Code for initial set up, please contact the school office or email email@example.com for details. Please note that we are now a 'cashless' school.
If you wish to discuss any aspect of the trips and events planned for your class please contact the School Office.
Thank you all for your support!!
Trips for 2017-18 please visit our Letters Home page for details of trips
- Autumn Term - Visitor in School - Theme Heroes/People who help us - date to be confirmed
- Spring Term - Bocketts Farm - 16th March 2018
- Summer Term - The Lookout Discovery Centre - 15th June 2018 (provisional)
Year 1 Classes
- Autumn term - Brooklands Museum -3rd October 2017
- Spring term - Marwell Zoo - 21st March 2018
- Summer term - Wisley Gardens - 11th July 2018
Year 2 Classes
- Autumn term - Drama Workshop Great Fire of London - 19th September 2017
- Spring term - Hampton Court - 24th January 2018
- Summer term - Sealife Centre Brighton - to be confirmed
Year 3 Classes
- Autumn term - Chertsey museum - 19th October 2017
- Spring term - Wisley Gardens - 27th March 2018
- Summer term - Egyptian themed drama workshop - 16th May 2018
Year 4 Class
- Autumn term - Verulium St Albans - 18th October 2017
- Spring term - local fieldwork - to be confirmed
- Summer term - Runnymede Magna Carta site - to be confirmed
Year 5 Class
- Autumn term - The Portable Learning Dome - 18th October 2017
- Spring term - Butser Ancient Farm - 20th February 2018
- Summer term - Mayans themed drama workshop - 16th May 2018
Year 6 Class
- Autumn term - Milestones Museum - 15th November 2017
- Spring term - Thames Trust outreach -27th February 2018
- Summer term - Chertsey musuem - 22nd June 2018
Film for School Week
Reception class will watch a film at school
Years 1 & 2 & Harbour Centre Vue Cinema Staines to see ‘ The Nut Job’ 16/11/2017
Years 3- 6 Vue Cinema Staines to see ‘ Captain Underpants’ 15/11/2017
Junior Citizen at Thorpe Park
Year 6 only - 13th November 2017 pm - £2 per head
This is organised by Runnymede Borough Council and letters will be sent home soon.
Surrey County Council road safety and cycling profiency courses
Year 1 only Pedals 13th March 2018 £ 5 per pupil
- Year 4 only Bikeability level 1 2nd May am £15 per pupil (15 places available)
- Year 6 only Bikeability level 2 2nd – 6th July pm £30 per pupil (10 places available)
These courses are optional and places will be offered on a 1st come, 1st served basis
Consent form - please complete this for the above trips and return to the School Office - click here
To comply with the correct adult to child ratio on school visits we occasionally require extra adult assistance. Please contact Mrs Adams, School Finance Assistant via the School Office if you are able to help and she will advise parents when extra help is needed with any trip.
Any parents / carers who wish to help on a school visit must complete an online DBS application. Please note that DBS applications are processed in the strictest confidence at no cost to our volunteers.
Terms and Conditions for off-site trips and activities:
By signing the consent on the trip/activity letter, you agree to your son/daughter taking part in any or all of the activities described. You must ensure that your child understands that it is important for his/her safety and for the safety of the group, that all rules and instructions given by the staff are obeyed. You understand that, while the school, staff, or helpers in charge of the party will take all reasonable care of the young people, unless they are negligent they cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by your son/daughter arising out of the trip. You therefore (hereby) agree to indemnify The Hythe School, its employees and agents against all liability for injury, loss to persons including death and damage to property, legal expenses and direct consequential losses or damage due to the acts, or default of your son/daughter unless the illness, injury or death was due to the negligence of The Hythe School, its employees or agents.
You consent to any emergency medical treatment necessary during the course of the visit and must advise the school in writing if any new medical conditions come to light.