School trips and events
Here at The Hythe School we offer a fantastic range of day visits and in-school visitors. These events help to enrich and enhance the children's learning whilst supporting the curriculum subjects.
To enable the trips and visits planned this year to go ahead we completely rely on the goodwill of, and encourage, parents to make a voluntary contribution. The PTA usually make a large contribution each year towards the overall costs which enables us to keep the price per pupil to a minimum. We are required, however, to point out that if we do not receive enough contributions towards the costs of these events then the activities will be cancelled. Therefore your support is invaluable in ensuring these can go ahead.
The Hythe School offiers a secure, confidential online payment site at www.scopay.com. This is now our preferred method of payment. You will need an Activation Code for initial set up, please contact the school office or email email@example.com for details. Alternatively please make a payment of cash only at the reception desk. Please note that due to changes in banking procedures we are no longer able to accept cheques.
If you wish to discuss any aspect of the trips and events planned for your class pleaes contact the School Office.
Thank you all for your support!!
Trips and Events for Sept 16 - 17
Reception Class (Caterpillars and Ladybirds)
- The Lookout Discovery Centre - 16th June 2017
Year One (Rabbits and Squrrels)
- Wisley Gardens - 7th July 2017
Year Two (Hedgehogs and Badgers)
- Sealife Centre - Brighton - 6th July 2017
- Chertsey Museum -19th June 2017
Trips for 2017-18 (may be subject to change, letters will be sent home nearer to each event with exact details).
- Autumn Term - Visitor in School - Theme Heroes/People who help us - date to be confirmed
- Spring Term - Bocketts Farm - 16th March 2018 (provisional)
- Summer Term - The Lookout Discovery Centre - 15th June 2018 (provisional)
Year 1 Classes
- Autumn term - Brooklands Museum -3rd October 2017
- Spring term - Marwell Zoo - date to be advised
- Summer term - Wisley Gardens - 11th July 2018
Year 2 Classes
- Autumn term - Drama Workshop Great Fire of London - 19th September 2017
- Spring term - Hampton Court - to be confirmed
- Summer term - Sealife Centre Brighton - to be confirmed
Year 3 Classes
- Autumn term - Chertsey museum - 12th and 17th October 2017
- Spring term - Wisley Gardens - 27th March 2018
- Summer term - Egyptian themed drama workshop - 16th May 2018
Year 4 Class
- Autumn term - Verulium St Albans - 18th October 2017
- Spring term - local fieldwork - to be confirmed
- Summer term - Runnymede Magna Carta site - to be confirmed
Year 5 Class
- Autumn term - The Portable Learning Dome - 18th October 2017
- Spring term - Butser Ancient Farm - 28th February 2018
- Summer term - Mayans themed drama workshop - 16th May 2018
Year 6 Class
- Autumn term - Milestones Museum - 15th November 2017
- Spring term - Thames Trust outreach - date to be advised
- Summer term - Chertsey musuem - date to be advised
- Film week - dates and films to be advised September 2017
- Junior Citizenship - Year 6 - November - waiting date from Runnymede Borough Council
- Pedals course for Year 1 (3 1 hr sessions) - 13th March 2018
- Residential/Acitivity week (years 3 -6) - w/c 4th June 2018
- Bikeability for Year 6 (5 days am/pm) - 2 - 6th July 2018
To comply with the correct adult to child ratio on school visits we occasionally require extra adult assistance. Please contact Mrs Adams, School Finance Assistant via the School Office if you are able to help and she will advise parents when extra help is needed with any trip.
Any parents / carers who wish to help on a school visit must complete an online DBS application. Please note that DBS applications are processed in the strictest confidence at no cost to our volunteers.
Terms and Conditions for off-site trips and activities:
By signing the consent on the trip/activity letter, you agree to your son/daughter taking part in any or all of the activities described. You must ensure that your child understands that it is important for his/her safety and for the safety of the group, that all rules and instructions given by the staff are obeyed. You understand that, while the school, staff, or helpers in charge of the party will take all reasonable care of the young people, unless they are negligent they cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by your son/daughter arising out of the trip. You therefore (hereby) agree to indemnify The Hythe School, its employees and agents against all liability for injury, loss to persons including death and damage to property, legal expenses and direct consequential losses or damage due to the acts, or default of your son/daughter unless the illness, injury or death was due to the negligence of The Hythe School, its employees or agents.
You consent to any emergency medical treatment necessary during the course of the visit and must advise the school in writing if any new medical conditions come to light.