The Hythe Community Primary School and The Haven Children’s Centre are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointments detailed here will be subject to rigorous employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and the requirement to complete a Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009: Staff Declaration Form.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews (please ensure that a current telephone number is included with your application).
36 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
To start as soon as possible, on a permanent contract
Salary: £17,316, based on grade S3 (range £15,308 to £17,316)
An opportunity has arisen for a caretaker at The Hythe Community Primary School and The Haven Children’s Centre. The successful applicant will be a flexible and multi-skilled individual and will work as part of the school support staff team with the specific aim of making sure that the site is in proper working order, is safe, secure and well maintained.
Typical duties include:
- Locking and unlocking at the start of each school day
- Supporting out of hours lettings
- Maintaining and ensuring that the grounds and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy
- Routine Maintenance on the site including minor repairs and decorating
- Being aware of and working within Health and Safety policies
- Being first contact for alarm call outs
- Manual Handling
A plumbing, carpentry or electrical background would be advantageous.
CLOSING DATE: 9.30am Thursday 2nd November 2017
INTERVIEWS: Thursday 9th November 2017